In this video, Brett Bumeter seeks Warren Whitlock’s expert comments and discusses the best approach to market your book through Facebook to get effective results.
- Some pointers from Warren’s advice on how to approach promoting your book –
- Social media is not a medium to broadcast and sell something
- What comes to a user’s mind is that matters when he or she is looking for information
- You need to get known and be attracting those people who actually want to read your book
- As an author you should be available to the readers and create a two-way medium
- You should have a presence where people are already talking about your subject
- Collaboration is an effective way of getting the word out
- Finding the group of people which are interested in your niche is a personal touch and very important to promote your book
- Adding a persona is highly recommended wherein in spite of the non-existence of a real person, users get to engage with the author behind the works
- People like to talk to a person rather than a page
Warren goes on to give different analogies explaining what’s best while marketing your book. He explains an example of Betty Crocker drawing comparisons about how one should take a similar approach. It was not a great experience creating fan pages on Facebook for Warren, but he recommends that approach as a personal choice. Most importantly, he suggests being available for the readers to engage with and being represented in all social mediums like Twitter and LinkedIn to add the professional touch.