Some cool, useful, interesting items that we are filing away for later…
- Twitter – Announcing an Application Process for Verified Accounts and How to Request to verify an account
- Does WordPress Site Speed Really Matter for SEO?
- 5 Habits To Get Over Self-Limiting Beliefs from Fast Company
- Start Your Blog or Site in 5 Minutes with WordPress from Blue Host <- Not a recommendation just thought it was useful to note how many more hosting companies are emphasizing ease of starting a WordPress site. This is not a new thing for BlueHost.
- Want to see who we do recommend? Visit WPThemeSpeed.com
- Service that helps people run an online Giveaway well “Rafflecopter is the world’s easiest way to run a giveaway.”
- Cameo a new app from Vimeo (Youtube competitor) for editing videos on smartphones and tablets
- How to Write your Human-Voiced Resume – We have been engaged to write/rewrite/optimize LinkedIn profiles in the past, so always useful to keep up with the trends and styles!
- Getting it together: A dispersed workforce might be your secret weapon in the war for talent – We are often hired by other firms and companies and generally work remote. It is still amazing when companies only hire local and get lost in a bubble…. 🙂
Things We researched for clients
- Custom Facebook Feed
- Podcasting and the Big Picture, Part 2: Simple Tweaks To Increase Your Traffic – written by our friends at Blubrry, whom we have known for 10 years.
Things we are studying for our own business
- How To Level Up Your WordPress Business And Escape The Rat Race
- How much does a WordPress site really cost?
- Design To Sell: 8 Useful Tips To Help Your Website Convert – Old article
- Website Architecture Presentation from Web Strategy Workshops
- Ever jump into a new field super super early and develop a specialty and then 5 years later realize someone came up for a job title for what you do? 🙂 That’s what happened with me. I’m a WordPress Architect!
- 5 Actionable Talks from Conversion Experts
- Dragon Anywhere – Ages ago when we Softduit primarily functioned as a Buzz Marketing company we did a great deal of work covering Dragon Naturally Speaking and getting the word out about voice recognition and how it could help writers and bloggers do more, do it faster, do it well and maybe even save their hands and wrists from repetitive stress injuries. Dragon Anywhere is a new service that is moving Nuance’s Dragon and Dictate software away from the ‘Software’ sales business and into the service and subscription business. Frankly, the yearly software updates are getting tedious. A subscription plan makes a lot more sense. We are still studying it. Disclosure – We ran a large marketing program for Nuance about 6 years ago. They were a client then, but not now.
- Artisteer’s new offerings -> Now Receive TWO Products for the Price of One Themler (We’ve worked with this company too! )
Cool things My son thinks I should buy
- iPhone 6S Case, Verus [Damda Slide][Dark Silver] – [Wallet Card Slot][Heavy Duty Protection] For Apple iPhone 6 6S 4.7
InstantPot Recipes – Its not all software coding and tech here. I love my InstantPot! Makes great food and easy and quick too! (helps me be more efficient to get more done as well)
~ Side note, I usually cook things like shrimp and curry chicken and things in my InstantPot. There’s probably a reason why these deserts were still in my open tabs… I haven’t made any of these yet, but do plan on it one day!
~~InstantPots sold like crazy on Amazon this month with their christmas in july thing. hundreds of thousands of these things sold in one day!
Great Place to get inexpensive Auto Parts
- RockAuto.com – The AC on my Suburu went out this summer, and a neighbor at the pool tipped me off about this great place that offers auto parts at prices far lower than the local Autozones and things.
- Recharging Car Air Conditioning – I am no auto AC expert, but it is amazing what you can learn online. THIS was super helpful as well to educate me enough about the system to make an informed decision about what I might be able to do myself VS what I might need to hire a pro to do. A little knowledge can be dangerous. Complete knowledge can be helpful!
- Replacing the Cabin Filter video