Since November of 2008, PC User’s have benefited from the WordPress Theme Generator called Artisteer and now that WordPress Generator desktop application is available for Apple / Mac users. The initial Mac beta was just released and people that purchase/have purchased a PC license will also have the ability to use the license on a Mac or vice versa on a PC.
I have been giving demonstrations of WordPress as a Content Management System for several months which includes a demo of Artisteer and the first question that is always asked is, “Does Artisteer work on a Mac?”
Now the answer is YES! Artisteer does work on Macs.
Better yet, existing Artisteer users already know that when you purchase a license, that license will receive free upgrades for a year. I have personally created almost 100 WordPress themes since purchasing Artisteer last fall, and I have significantly benefited from many many upgrades to the software. This latest upgrade ads more Avatar support for WordPress, ads support for Dot Net Nuke and past upgrades provided support for Joomla & Drupal templates and much much more.
here’s the latest news release from Artisteer about the Mex Mac Capability
UPDATE – the Mac VErsion of Artisteer is now available in RC 2.3. If you have already purchased Artisteer, your upgrades are free for a year! 🙂
Artisteer for Mac (Beta) has arrived!
Artisteer 2.2 for Mac (Beta) is now available by clicking here. Couple interesting facts:
- Artisteer for Mac joins the family of products based on cross-platform .NET framework known as Mono.
- Artisteer might be the first product for Mac OS utilizing the ribbon interface first introduced in Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows.
Technical notes and known issues for beta testers:
- Artisteer for Mac runs on Intel based hardware with OS X version 10.5 (Leopard).
- Artisteer for Mac requires X11 which is usually installed by default on OS X 10.5.
- Artisteer may require approx 1 minute to start the first time after installation.
- The “Open” and “Save” dialogs display Windows style folder structure and may require additional navigation to desired Mac folders.
- The top Mac menu bar does not offer an option to quit Artisteer. Use the Artisteer menu, keyboard shortcut ‘Command’+’Q’, or the red window close button to quit.
- Keyboard shortcuts stop working after clicking anywhere within the web design preview area.
- Certain amount of instability and limitations (as above) are expected due to limitations of the current Mono framework 2.4.
- There is a slight chance that your Mac computer may freeze when using Artisteer (this happened once in our tests). Please save all your work often in case you need to reboot your computer.
Customers who purchased an Artisteer license can use it on both PC and Mac computers (one each) during the beta period. An official release date of the Mac version will be planned after receiving detailed issue reports from our beta testers and determining how much work is needed to resolve those issues.
Please send feedback and report reproducible issues to our support via the Contact Us page.
Artisteer version 2.2 update
We are releasing a new update to Artisteer 2.2 to resolve a few recent issues reported in the previous version 2.2 Beta.
- Artisteer: Added “Options” button in the export dialog.
- Artisteer: Added DotNetNuke Skin export announced below.
- Artisteer: Fixed a bug with the font size being altered by changing Articles -> Line Height.
- WordPress: Improved compatibility with Avatar List plugin.
- Joomla: Resolved custom footer not showing up.
- Joomla: Resolved centered menus not shown correctly.
- Joomla: Resolved a problem with the text “’30’, ‘height’ => ’30’ near h2” showing on some pages.
- Joomla: Fixed incorrect path to spacer.gif in script.js file in Joomla templates.
- Drupal: Fixed an issue with broken image appearing instead of a logo uploaded in Drupal.
The new version 220.127.116.1197 can be obtained by clicking here and may become the officially released version 2.2 after additional testing.