Timothy from the MindManager support team was able to guide me through the process of correcting mindmanager excel error that I encountered last week, when I attempted to embed an excel range within a mindmap.
The Steps of the MindManager Excel fix was fairly easy.
- Close all MindMaps and the Mindmanager application.
- Close any programs that are working to access Mindmanager such as:
- Possibly explorer or PowerPoint if connected through a map
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Select Add/Remove Programs
- Choose MindManager Pro 7 Install
- Choose the Repair Option and run it
- After the repair finishes, restart your computer.
That’s all it took for me. As a follow up Timothy also suggested that I might have to run the repair function on excel, but I did not need to do this to make it work.
The Fix all Fix for MindManager
Now it strikes me that this same solution has been suggested to me by Mindjet techsupport for many MindManager errors over the years. I’d suggest that anyone that needs to fix an error in MindManager, should consider this option first, especially if they are in a hurry and tech support is not readily available and they do not have time to await a solution in their mailboxes.